- Home Page
- At Indigo Wood and Metalworks I design and build custom high quality tables, cabinet work and other fun pieces for living room, kitchen or office cabinet work, home or office tables, or a fun sculpture for your interior or exterior
- Burl Tables
- Burl yields a very peculiar and highly figured wood, prized for its beauty by many; its rarity also adds to its expense. I gave the top of the burl tables a refined look by filling the hollows with metal such as nickel, bronze or copper.
- Dining Room Tables
- Update your space with a custom made specially for you dining room table. Whether traditional, contempary, modern or classic, I will design and built a table that exceeds your expectations.
- Cabinet Work
- I design and build custom cabinetry for kitchens, baths, dining rooms and home offices. Using a CNC for the cutting part helps keep the cost affordable.
- Fun stuff
- Every collection has to have some fun stuff; sculpture, childrens furniture, stainless windchimes.
- How To Order
- When it comes to ordering special table or cabinetwork I have found that customers like to speak with me personally to go over design details, to discuss their furnishing needs and to "meet me" either over the phone or through email. I invite locals to come by my shop and see first hand their projects being built.
- Artist Statement
- Since 1979 I have been designing and building wood tables, cabinets, and fun sculpture on speculation and commission. I enjoy exploring with various woods, blending them together, adding soft metal, and sometimes colorful glass.
- Exhibits of work
- Work is shown at various art shows throughout the year; Marin Art Festival, Los Altos Art and Wine, Artisans Festival at Miners Foundry, Art Works Gallery in Grass Valley, Kings Mountain Art Fair, Custom Made...
- Furniture Woods
- I found this article to be a great source for photos, descriptions and characteristics of the various woods used to build tables and cabinets.
© 2004-2014 Don M. Augstein All rights reserved